Rich Blueberry Delight
This chocolate lasagna is an oat crust topped with layers of blueberry swirl filling and topped with whipped cream, mint crunch chocolate chips and a layer of fresh strawberries.
- For the crust
- 2 cups lightly toasted oats
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 50g of finely chopped nuts
- 50g butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
For the filling layers
- Blueberry swirl ice cream
- Slightly blended blueberries
For the topping
- Whipped cream
- 3 tbsp. icing sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Mint crunch chocolate flakes
- Strawberry, dipped in chocolate
For the crust
- Coat a baking tray with cooking spray or line the baking dish with cling film.
- Place the oats in a bowl add the desiccated coconut and honey. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Firmly press the oat mixture into the bottom of the tray with your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup. Freeze the pan for 10 minutes to set the crust.
For the layering
- Soften the blue berry swirl by stirring it up and mix it with the crushed blueberries, pour half of it in the baking tray and return the rest to the freezer. Return the baking dish to the freezer for the ice cream to set.
- Place another layer of the oat crust over the frozen swirl evenly.
- Add the ice cream layer one more time. Return the baking dish to the freezer for the ice cream to set once again.
- Place the whipping cream, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl. Whisk till the whipping cream becomes thick and then add on top of the ice cream mixture that is in the baking dish.
For the topping.
Arrange the mint crunch chocolate flakes over the whipped cream and also strawberries dipped in chocolate ready for serving.